|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Voice Actor||Anastasia Munoz|
Azusa is a bright and calm woman who loves her family very much and cares for them deeply. She shares the same beliefs with Yuuki, considering their unmarried status and moving to the village. She is also, just like Yuuki, ignorant of the Shikis. However, she is also gentler than Yuuki, having greater compassion and sympathy, as shown when she allowed Shizuka in simply because she thought it'd be rude to leave her outside.
She had her first child, Natsuno, with Yuuki while they were in college. They questioned the value of marriage and never finalized anything on the family register. Natsuno has her surname for this reason. She unknowingly invites a Shiki into her house and later gets bitten (off-screen). Under the Shiki's influence, she writes a letter saying she's leaving town, which Yuuki, her husband, finds. This causes Yuuki to break down. She is not seen again, and it is unknown whether she rose up as a Shiki, or if she simply died.
- The name Azusa means "catalpa" (梓).
- Catalpa is a tree with large heart-shaped leaves, clusters of trumpet-shaped flowers, and long, slender seed pods, native to North America and eastern Asia and cultivated as an ornamental.
- Azusa's surname Koide means "small" (小) (ko) and "exit, leave, go out, come out, put out, protrude" (出) (ide).
- In the second opening, Azusa was portrayed as a Shiki with Nao Yasumori and Masao Murasako, even though she isn't actually depicted as one in the events of the anime.
- In the (currently unfinished) translation of novels and partly adapted to manga too, Azusa is high-likely implied to be slowly killed and drained by Shizuka Matsuo which was also teaching Tohru Mutou in both manga and novels herself as she invited her in and kidnapped and hypnotized into entering a car and getting Natsuno Koide's school records from Sotoba to Mizobe (a move that was probably ultimately done in hopes to cover up his death via one of his parents as he doesn't even rise (seemingly) in original novels) while also under hypnotization through a second time in leaving in daylight by Tatsumi himself.