|Anime Debut||Episode 6|
- "I'll make them realize who's right soon!"
- ―Ikumi Itou
The self-proclaimed shaman of the village, although Ikumi is treated as if she is crazy.
Ikumi's parents forced her into marrying her husband. Her two first sons were smart and cute, but died in childhood. Her youngest child is still alive, but Ikumi sees only her father in her. She was happy when her husband died, as she felt her life was just beginning again.
Battle against Shikis
Ikumi realized the existence of Shiki or the Risen. She tried to show the villagers the Kirishiki's true nature, but nobody believed her. Later on, she is lured outside to a bridge in an unknown location during the night by a shiki pretending to be a terrified woman who was attacked. Ikumi is never seen again.
It is unknown if Ikumi died, but it is likely that she was killed by a shiki at the end of the 11th episode and she was never seen again for the rest of the series.
- The name Ikumi means "fragrance, cultural progress, perfume" (郁) (iku) and "beautiful" (美) (mi).
- Ikumi's surname Itou means "that one" (伊) (i) and "wisteria" (藤) (tou).
- Ikumi was once married years ago to a man whom she saw as a fool where she later had two sons and her daughter, Tamae Itou.
- She later became a widow after the men in her family died, although she was glad.
- When Tamae begs Ikumi to stop with the insanity, Ikumi sees her disbelief and ignorance as a resemblance to her deceased father.